Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

Derry Shribman derry@hola.org
Wed Sep 29 17:56:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

The xstat() is useless for the target of improving performance: it will takes
YEARS after Linux kernel will implement it until typical unix applications will
use it all around their code - just like other 'relativly new' kernel APIs like
epoll() took years until unix applications started adopting them.

Do we want Cygwin to be slow for another 10 years?!

The env variable is a practical immediate way to improve performance with very
little effort.

Derry