Possibility to add dlinfo() to dlfcn.h?

Thu Feb 2 14:52:00 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Before I go off hacking code, is there a particular reason dlinfo() is
missing from cygwin's dlfcn.h, other than SHTDI? I know it's not
strictly a posix function, but it is present in the linux systems I have
access to and can be rather handy. I considered parsing /proc/$$/maps,
but that doesn't guarantee the module is actually loaded (as opposed to
merely mmapped).

Based on past tangles with cygwin's underbelly I would think some
boilerplate surrounding a call to GetLoadedModules() would suffice.

Thoughts?
Ryan