utility to update existing cygwin symlinks to native format? (was Re: native symlink)
James Gregurich
bayoubengal@mac.com
Tue Apr 30 00:34:00 GMT 2013
On Apr 29, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> If you're asking "Did Corinna write a utility to do this?" the answer
> is extremely likely to be "No" since she would have mentioned it if
> she had.
>
> If you're asking "Will Corinna write a utility to do this?" I suspect
> that the answer is likely also "No".
>
> cgf
Unfortunately, the utility is a necessity for practical use of the native symlink feature. I'm not opposed to writing it if I can get the necessary public function exposed in path.cc. I suppose the discussion can be tabled until she gets back. At a bare minimum, I'd need a function that returns the format of the symlink in question. With such a function, I could just delete the link and recreate it if the format is not native.
-James
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list