Non-blocking fhandler_socket_wsock::send_internal ?
Ford, Brian
brian.ford@flightsafety.com
Mon Mar 30 21:45:54 GMT 2020
Nevermind, I see in wait_for_events how it is supposed to work. Sorry for the noise. I'd be glad to hear any reasons you might expect a non-blocking UDP socket sendto to block for 50-100 ms though. Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: Cygwin-developers [mailto:cygwin-developers-bounces@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Ford, Brian via Cygwin-developers
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:45 PM
To: cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
Subject: Non-blocking fhandler_socket_wsock::send_internal ?
EXTERNAL EMAIL: STOP and verify sender address, links, and attachments before taking action.
I'm trying to debug an application that occasionally takes an excessive amount of time in the sendto call of a non-blocking UDP socket and I noticed the following code that I didn't understand but looked slightly suspicious:
1423 while (res && (WSAGetLastError () == WSAEWOULDBLOCK)
1424 && !(res = wait_for_events (FD_WRITE | FD_CLOSE, wait_flags)));
Could you explain why I shouldn't be concerned about a non-blocking socket apparently calling a function labeled wait_for_events before returning :-)?
Thank you for your time!
[https://elearning.flightsafety.com/media/wysiwyg/SIGNATURE_BANNER/FlightSafety_65th_logo.jpg]<https://elearning.flightsafety.com/fsi_65_redirect>
Brian Ford * Systems Architect
FVS * FVS Engineering * 5695 Campus Parkway * Hazelwood, MO, 63042 * United States
Tel: 314.551.8460 * Cell: 314.3276088
Brian.Ford@FlightSafety.com<mailto:Brian.Ford@FlightSafety.com> * flightsafety.com<https://www.flightsafety.com/> * A Berkshire Hathaway company Privacy Notice<https://www.flightsafety.com/fs_privacynotice.php>
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list