AF_UNIX shutdown
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Mon Oct 19 11:48:30 GMT 2020
On Oct 16 08:55, Ken Brown via Cygwin-developers wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> I'm about to add some code to handle shutdown info, and I want to make sure
> that I understand how this is supposed to work.
> fhandler_socket_unix::shutdown contains the following comment:
>
> /* Send shutdown info to peer. Note that it's not necessarily fatal
> if the info isn't sent here. The info will be reproduced by any
> followup package sent to the peer. */
>
> Does that mean that sendmsg should send its shutdown state as part of every
> packet it sends?
That was the idea. The shutdown info is part of the package header in
af_unix_pkt_hdr_t, so every newly constructed follow up package contains
the shutdown info "for free".
> And I guess recvmsg should call grab_admin_pkg at every opportunity and
> should also check the shutdown state in every regular packet it reads?
That would make sense, I guess.
Corinna
More information about the Cygwin-developers
mailing list