cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Mon Sep 13 18:39:51 GMT 2021

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:03:04 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:
> > Didn't we also have a problem with C# in terms of non-blocking pipes?
> > I wonder if we could just do the following: As soon as we spawn a
> > non-Cygwin process, just call set_pipe_non_blocking(false) for all
> > pipes.  Blocking vs. nonblocking mode is a per-handle thingy anyway.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I don't remember exactly what the issue was with C# programs, so I'll defer to
> Takashi on this.

Actually, piping C# program has a problem even if setting the pipe
blocking. It needs also pipe_byte and FILE_SYNCHRONOUS_IO_NONALERT.
However, I agree it is safer to set the pipe blocking for non-cygwin
apps.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>