cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Sep 16 19:48:58 GMT 2021

On 9/16/2021 12:02 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I'll wait about 24 hours to see if anything else turns up, and then I'll make a
> test release of Cygwin 3.3.0.

I just noticed something very surprising.  Up to now, all my tests have been on
64-bit.  But I just tested the current git head on 32-bit Cygwin, and found that
mintty is very slow to start.  If I click on the Cygwin Terminal shortcut,
there's a long delay (about 10 seconds on my system) before the window appears.
  Moreover, the window doesn't have focus when it does appear.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Ken