cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Fri Sep 17 08:31:30 GMT 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:25:33 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:
> On 9/16/2021 4:01 PM, Takashi Yano wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:48:58 -0400
> > Ken Brown wrote:
> >> I just noticed something very surprising.  Up to now, all my tests have been on
> >> 64-bit.  But I just tested the current git head on 32-bit Cygwin, and found that
> >> mintty is very slow to start.  If I click on the Cygwin Terminal shortcut,
> >> there's a long delay (about 10 seconds on my system) before the window appears.
> >>    Moreover, the window doesn't have focus when it does appear.
> >>
> >> Can anyone else reproduce this?
> >
> > I cannot reproduce that.
> > Proberbly 'strace -o mintty.log mintty' may help to find
> > what is wrong.
>
> This is getting stranger and stranger.  When I try to run strace, I get a pop-up
> complaining that libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll was not found.
>
> I'll have to try to sort it out tomorrow.

32bit mintty seems to require only the following files.

bash.exe
cyggcc_s-1.dll
cygiconv-2.dll
cygintl-8.dll
cygncursesw-10.dll
cygreadline7.dll
cygwin1.dll
cygwin-console-helper.exe
mintty.exe

None of them depends on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll.

What happes if you put them into a new directory and run
mintty in it?

'strace mintty' also should work with these minimum files.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>