cygrunsrv + sshd + rsync = 20 times too slow -- throttled?

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Sun Sep 19 01:31:18 GMT 2021

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:44:48 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:
> > On Sep 16 23:27, Takashi Yano wrote:
> >>
> >> I do not have confidence to do this correctly in a short time.
> >> Leave it as a homework. Or may I leave it to you?
> >
> > That's not a short-term problem, but I think it would be good to do this
> > with a bit more paranoia at creation time and then rely on the handles
> > being available in the subsequent code.  Maybe I can get to it later but
> > it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings if one of you guys look into it
> > while I'm abroad. :)
>
> I took a stab at this on the topic/pipe branch.  I haven't done any testing,
> other than to make sure that the code compiles.

Thanks for working on this! I tested the head of topic/pipe branch,
and do not find any defect so far. However, I cannot test the case
open_setup() failure, so I am not sure this works as expected in
error case.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>