cygwin 3.3.4?

Fri Jan 28 09:39:52 GMT 2022

On Jan 27 19:43, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 27.01.2022 um 17:40 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:

> > > Well, hm, maybe a slight reconsideration of the deprecation policy?
> > 3.3.4 neither deprecates Vista, nor 32 bit.  Read the deprecation notes
> > in the 3.3.3 announcement again ;)
> > https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-December/250099.html
> Right, I confused 3.3.4 with 3.4 :/
> But still, can we perhaps drop Vista first and not drop 32-bit at the same
> time? Might also be better to respond to upcoming problems.

Dropping Vista is really just a side-job with only few code snippets
removed:

  git log -p 7a3df8bb6fe3..a4efb2a6698f
  git log -p -1 7ac0767053e2

We have next to no user and setup already warns users of Vista
that support for this OS is going to go away.  Ripping out 32 bit
support is the really big thing for 3.4.