SYSTEMROOT, SYSTEMDRIVE

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Thu May 10 02:25:00 GMT 2001


Hi!

Thursday, 10 May, 2001 Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com wrote:

CF> The difference is the call to the "OS".  It's optional in my case and
CF> mandatory in yours.  I don't know if this makes a difference but I would
CF> bet that the scanning of the environment is not a quick process.  That
CF> would be weighed against the potentially extra two elements to be sorted
CF> by qsort.

CF> Hmm.  Actually, you stop checking for the extra variables after the
CF> build of winenv passes the place where they would be placed, too,
CF> so that is a difference.

yes, because both lists are sorted.

CF> I don't know.  I think that the calls to GetEnvironmentVariable outweigh
CF> anything else, especially since most of the time they probably aren't
CF> needed.

CF> Comments?

you're right. always calling GetEnvironmentVariable is a waste of
time. i've changed my patch to 

- avoid repeated scanning of forced env vars list.
- look into native environment only when needed.
- don't truncate forced vars values to MAX_PATH symbols.

Egor.            mailto:deo@logos-m.ru ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19
force-systemroot-2.diff
force-systemroot-2.ChangeLog

-------------- next part --------------
2001-05-10  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>

	* environ.cc (append_to_winenv): New function.
	(winenv): Always add SYSTEMDRIVE and SYSYEMROOT to win32-style
	environment.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: force-systemroot-2.diff
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 4360 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/attachments/20010510/d38ccce3/attachment.bin>


More information about the Cygwin-patches mailing list