[PATCH] Setup.exe in a property sheet
Wed Nov 7 05:11:00 GMT 2001
Ok, first glance:
You've diffed across versions - please update both the clean dir and
your working dir for the next patch. Thats a major reason the patch is
* please use win32 thread API calls, not _beginthread et al.
* All classes with an explicit destructor need copy constructors and
operator =. (If they aren't used, declare but don't implement). Reason:
synthesised copy constructors and assignment operators will be wrong.
(And yes, this is wrong elsewhere in setup too).
* varargs and C++ don't mix from what I'm told. (because objects passed
in lose information). It's probably ok for your string class... but I'm
not sure why it exists?
* To test if something is not needed, comment it out and see if you get
* have you run this through indent?
* the #if 0...#endifs should go. Delete the code or document why it's
* I don't like the PropertyPage semnatics - Why is Create not the
* The propertysheet/propertypage friend relationship would be good to
* please keep CVSID's in source files. They aren't used in the code, but
I find them useful for review.
* The ThreeBar refactoring seems incomplete - it is dependent on the end
user functions, rather than the other way around. It seems to me that
the ThreeBar refactor should implement/provide a control but not create
threads for the install process...
* I'd rather not see _any_ structs - use class's with all public members
* is chooser.o going to be equivalent to choose.o? If so then just
fiddle choose.o please. I commit my changes quite frequently so we won't
Lastly, I think it would be a good idea (if possible) to do the
refactoring bit-by-bit in future. i.e. factor in the Window class and
the threeline progress bar. Then the class conversion for the pages.
etc. That just reduces the risk of a huge commit.
More information about the Cygwin-patches