elf.h incomplete
Christopher Faylor
cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com
Wed Jun 6 03:53:00 GMT 2012
On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:45:26PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>On 2012-05-03 17:03, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> On 2012-05-03 10:24, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Right. I've noticed the incompleteness of elf.h from time to time too but
>>> extending it would be tedious since you can't just cut/paste from a GPLv*
>>> file. Maybe one of the BSDs has something more complete these days? We
>>> could use one of those.
>>
>> This patch is a direct copy from FreeBSD HEAD. I have NOT tested it,
>> though.
>
>I have tested this by cross-compiling a recent Linux kernel. I needed
>to add relocs for a few CPUs not covered by the FreeBSD headers; revised
>patch attached.
>
>FWIW, there are still some unrelated issues in completing a full kernel
>build. I'll try to work on that when I have the chance.
Sounds like it is good enough to check in. We
can tweak it as needed.
Thanks very much for doing this.
cgf
More information about the Cygwin-patches
mailing list