[PATCH] cygwin: fix potential buffer overflow in fork
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Oct 10 14:02:00 GMT 2017
On Oct 10 14:44, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Oct 10 14:26, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> > But wait, what's the difference between syscall_printf and system_printf?
>
> Prefixing with timestamps and stuff.
No, wait. I mixed that up with small_printf. syscall_printf is printed
in an strace only, while system_printf is printed on the console, too.
I'm not sure what the intention here is, except to distinguish the cases
where frok::error() isn't called when failing, two cases with error()
only called in an `#ifdef DEBUGGING'.
[...time passes...]
Ah, I understand the first case in frok::parent, just not the second one.
But, anyway, let's stick to it.
Patch pushed as is.
Thanks,
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/attachments/20171010/26043bcf/attachment.sig>
More information about the Cygwin-patches
mailing list