getfacl output
Corinna Vinschen
corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Mon Jul 23 15:37:00 GMT 2018
On Jul 23 11:15, Ken Brown wrote:
> [Redirecting to cygwin-patches.]
>
> On 7/23/2018 11:06 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 23 10:43, Ken Brown wrote:
> > > This is obviously very minor, but I bumped into it because of a failing
> > > emacs test.
> > >
> > > Cygwin's getfacl prints only one colon after "mask" and "other", but Linux's
> > > prints two. I'm sure this was done for a reason, but I'm wondering if it
> > > would be better to follow Linux.
> >
> > The original version was designed after Solaris documentation,
> > but the layout is supposed to look like Linux for a while, so
> > ther missing colon is a bug.
> >
> > > I'll be glad to submit a patch.
> >
> > Glad to review it :)
>
> Attached.
>
> Ken
> From de841bf40ecdbf93e87d0900d4dd567af32b072f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:10:03 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] getfacl and setfacl: Align with Linux
>
> Make getfacl print two colons instead of one after "other" and "mask".
> Change the help text for setfacl to indicate that there can be either
> one colon or two.
> ---
> winsup/utils/getfacl.c | 12 ++++++------
> winsup/utils/setfacl.c | 6 +++---
> 2 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
Pushed. I just wonder if we shouldn't simplify getfacl to use
acl_to_text instead.
Thanks,
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/attachments/20180723/4bbd9119/attachment.sig>
More information about the Cygwin-patches
mailing list