[PATCH] Cygwin: console: Fix segfault on shared_console_info access.
Takashi Yano
takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Tue Feb 25 03:53:00 GMT 2020
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 12:08:16 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:33:18 +0100
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Is there some kind of workaround for that problem? Otherwise defaulting
> > to a (broken) xterm mode instead of a (working) cygwin mode is a bit
> > questionable, isn't it?
>
> In my environment, legacy cygwin mode is not 'working' with
> gray background and black foreground. You can confirm what
> happens if xterm mode is disabled by reverting cygwin to 3.0.7.
>
> If you type 'aaa' in shell prompt and hit backspace, then
> whole line after cursor gets black. Furthermore, if you run
> vim, whole screen gets into black background and gray fore-
> ground.
>
> Do not these happen in your environment?
>
> Oh, wait. I was setting foreground and background color in
> "terminal" tab in property. If I set them in "colors" tab,
> cmd.exe behaves differently. In this setting, your problem
> does not seems to occur.
I was wrong. The problem also occur with "colors" tab setting.
However, in this case, ScrollConsoleScreenBuffer() test case
does not cause the problem. Therefore it may be possible to
make a workaround for this. I will try.
--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>
More information about the Cygwin-patches
mailing list