[PATCH] Fix typo in faq-programming.xml

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty cygwin@hamishmb.com
Tue Oct 25 18:50:46 GMT 2022


Hi there,

This is my first time submitting a patch over email, so hopefully I'll 
get it right. Are there eventually plans for submitting merge requests 
directly with git in some way?

This is a simple one-line patch to fix a typo I noticed in the 
programming FAQ. Patch follows below. I follow the list via GMANE, but 
to make sure I see any replies, it's probably best to reply to cygwin at 
hamishmb dot com.

Hamish

diff --git a/winsup/doc/faq-programming.xml b/winsup/doc/faq-programming.xml
index c2c4004c1..7945b6b88 100644
--- a/winsup/doc/faq-programming.xml
+++ b/winsup/doc/faq-programming.xml
@@ -1051,7 +1051,7 @@ a Windows environment which Cygwin handles 
automatically.
  <question><para>How should I port my Unix GUI to 
Windows?</para></question>
  <answer>

-<para>Like other Unix-like platforms, the Cygwin distribtion includes 
many of
+<para>Like other Unix-like platforms, the Cygwin distribution includes 
many of
  the common GUI toolkits, including X11, X Athena widgets, Motif, Tk, GTK+,
  and Qt. Many programs which rely on these toolkits will work with 
little, if
  any, porting work if they are otherwise portable.  However, there are 
a few


More information about the Cygwin-patches mailing list