[PATCH v2 1/2] Allow deriving the current user's home directory via the HOME variable
Johannes Schindelin
Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de
Tue Mar 28 08:21:50 GMT 2023
Hi Corinna,
On Mon, 21 Nov 2022, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 18 09:18, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > Hi Corinna,
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Nov 2022, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > On Nov 10 16:16, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > > > With this context in mind, I would like to ask to integrate the patch
> > > > as-is, including the HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH and USERPROFILE fall-backs.
> > >
> > > Can't do that, sorry. Two replies before I sent a necessary change,
> > > which needs inclusion first.
> >
> > I am a bit confused. Do you need anything from me to move this along, i.e.
> > are those two replies you mention some emails I failed to address yet?
>
> I didn't mean two different replies, but my second-last reply before
> that one, i. e.
> https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2022q4/012025.html
>
> Sorry if that wasn't clear. Basically your handling of $HOME was
> wrong and I suggested a fix.
Sorry about being so thick! I thought I had done exactly what you asked
for, but had missed that `getenv("HOME")` already converts the path to a
Unix-y form but the same is untrue when getting `HOMEDRIVE`, `HOMEPATH`
and `USERPROFILE`.
I took the opportunity to unclutter the `fetch_home_env()` function and
document it, to improve the readability by strides.
Ciao,
Johannes
More information about the Cygwin-patches
mailing list