[PATCH 1/2] Cygwin: doc: Install FAQ as well

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 19:35:31 GMT 2025


On 26/06/2025 12:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 26 11:59, Jon Turney wrote:
>> Just install the FAQ, so we can deploy the FAQ with it's matching CSS from
>> the install directory.
>>
>> There will be a separate change to the cygwin packaging to avoid
>> including the FAQ in the cygwin-doc package. (I guess we'd rather people
>> go online for that, to ensure they have the latest version?)
> 
> We could just keep the faq.html file in the cygwin-doc package.
> It doesn't really hurt and it always matches the installed
> version. What could possibly be wrong? :)

That change is possibly a little more involved, as we'd maybe want to 
update the startmenu shortcuts to point to that, as well.

I'll look at that again when I've got the other pieces of this puzzle 
sorted out.



More information about the Cygwin-patches mailing list