Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Cary Jamison Cary_Jamison@Symantec.com
Wed Apr 19 19:31:00 GMT 2006


Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I started out on a PDP-10 using first TECO, then SOS, then FINE (fine
> is not emacs), then EDT.  When I started working mainly on UNIX

Ah, TECO - now there was a real editor.  Looked like complete gibberish, 
which reminds me of this old article :

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html

A guy I worked with wrote a TECO macro to search through all our source code 
in all directories to do a global search/replace of a function call he 
wanted to changed.  Doesn't sound too hard today, using sed or other global 
search/replace editors, but it was pretty impressive for the time....

I quickly learned about vtteco and started using it, though.  Similar to the 
visual mode of edt, but I liked it better.


Cary





More information about the Cygwin-talk mailing list