html email

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Aug 29 14:49:00 GMT 2006

Charli Li wrote:
> mwoehlke said:
>> Charli Li wrote:
>>> Microsoft Outlook wraps long lines by default (depends on the
>>> size of your window) WADR.
>> Yes, the *GUI* wraps long lines. We're talking a: about wrapping in the
>> actual mail, and b: doing it /wrong/ for quotes. I believe Outlook is
>> one of the mailers responsible for the mess Ethan pointed out a few
>> lines up.
>
> WADR, Outlook doesn't wrap, but when viewed (not gone through sourceware) it
> is wrapped.

Is that not what I said? The /source/ lines are not wrapped, but the GUI
/visually/ wraps them (as opposed to adding a horizontal scroll bar).

Oh, and what mailer are you using? It appears to be one of the broken
ones, having butchered the quoting in your last message.

> Also, lots of email programs quote raw email addresses by default in
> replies.  The PCYMTNQREAIYR rule has been here (I'm guessing) a long time
> now, and people (was including me) are still PCYMTNQREAIYRing.  It is
> probably advisable to modify Thunderbird and SeaMonkey's code a little bit
> so that there is no more PCYMTNQREAIYRing.

Eh? AFAIK, I haven't changed Thunderbird's settings here, and if you
look up, you'll see that the bird inserted "Charli Li wrote:". No raw
e-mail addresses there :-). In fact, I don't even see my Outlook doing it.

--
Matthew
Ncurses. Blessing console programs since 1993.