Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:41:00 GMT 2007

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>
>> Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>> TITTTL'd...

>>> Ah, now I get it.  Facist admins are admins that are afraid to lose
>>> face, and so make sure nobody mucks with their settings, even if those
>>> are nonsensical...  What with the recent wave of facist CEOs, facist
>>> CTOs, and facist venture capitalists, the admins are just the latest
>>> group to catch the craze...
>> Once, I actually contemplated to have users download a repackaged (i.e
>> disguised) VNC server as a "system protector" so that we admins could
>> confirm or belie our suspicions that someone was doing something nasty
>> or not working at all.  We didn't pursue it since it policing everyone
>> takes a lot of time. But yes, I agree with you that admins are sometimes
>> fascists and overdo their admin stuff.
>
> Heh, fascist admins are a completely different story.  Those are more like
> BOFH.  Facist admins, on the other hand, simply have something to hide...

I was confused :) (facist != fascist) -> not a typo after all!

--
Carlo Florendo
Software Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City