Proposal: That the Hippo becomes the official mascot of Cygwin

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Feb 13 16:27:00 GMT 2009

zzapper wrote:
> I guess I'm not the first to suggest this, but Perl has got the Camel, GNU's
> got the .. drat I can't remember. Might help popularise/publicise Cygwin

I think we're just waiting on someone to come up with a graphic that
either wins widespread acceptance, or favor from the Co-Maintainers.

It's a difficult challenge.  The reason for picking hippos is that
they're mean, because WJM here.  How do you have a mean-looking hippo
that's also attractive?  OpenSSH seems to strike a similar balance with
their puffer fish mascot, but then, the connection between security and
puffer fishes is obvious.