Current state of pthread implementation?

Andreas Eibach a.eibach@gmx.net
Wed May 2 10:46:00 GMT 2001

> Well yes, xfree binaries and libraries compile with pthread. No problem.
> Server works no problem. xterma nd all clients work - problem.  BUT twm
and
> any other windows manager (such as vtwm and xfce) crashes with pthread
> support.

Hi Suhaib, I'm like forced to bother you once again, because your last post
has caused inconsistencies for some people. The one half (including me)
thinks that the _current_ X *BINARIES* are thread-safe thanks to your
efforts, but the other half thinks that the current X *SOURCES* can be
compiled as thread-safe, which would mean that the X binaries aren't (yet).

Can you lift the fog, please?

Andreas