nedit doesn't work - can't read any menus

Enoch Wu ewu@eskimo.com
Sun May 6 16:30:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:25:36PM +0200, Andreas Eibach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after Brian Kasper's great trick with just invoking the linker manually
> (because of the problem that -Xt is linked twice), I eventually managed to
> compile nedit using the LessTif libraries.
>
> But I can't read no menus because the fonts are a mess. Looking back to the
> middle of April, I see Enoch having the same problem. This doesn't seem to
> be solved yet.

Well, I should have had a follow up posting. Here it goes: The problem was resolved by installing the fonts from the split up font files (I think Sidiqqi did
more than just splitting the files, like mkfontdir & others) Anyhow if you
install fonts like he said, you will see the menu.

> My fonts are there - however, the reason could be that I must use mkfontdir
> first. But HOW do I use it? There's no manual page, neither a --help or -h
> option. Hmmmm.
>
> Andreas

cd to the directory where each font type is; save the alias files; mkfontdir .

You may have to edit the fixed fonts -- not easy if you have not done it before,

EW