[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 23

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Mon May 7 15:23:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Gottwald"
<Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
To: "Harold Hunt" <huntharo@msu.edu>
Cc: "'Alexander Gottwald'"
<Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>; "'Cygx (E-mail)'"
<cygwin-xfree@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 8:05 AM
Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 23

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Harold Hunt wrote:
>
> > Do not apply this patch.
> >
> > Alexander,
> >
> > You must have missed the corresponding patch to
xc/config/cf/server.tmpl
> > that added:
> > OS_DEFINES  = ServerOSDefines
>
> Doing a cvs checkout on a 64k line is not the best idea :)

Works fine for me here - 56Kb line at home. (I use -z4, and on servers
that allow it -z9). Mind you, why are you checking out? - You've already
got the source, just do updates.

> > You'll need to do a make Makefiles from xc/programs/ to get the new
define
> > working.
> >
> > I didn't create those patch, but I can verify that they are the
correct way
> > to do things.
> >
> Anyway, I think I have to get a cvs update - even if it takes some
> weeks :). Damned CVS protocol.

You shouldn't have any difficulty. Even though X is a big tree cvs
shouldn't barf or run particularly slow. It's good practice to update
your working directory before making any patches.

Rob