GNOME: good news / bad news

jmarranz@dii.etsii.upm.es jmarranz@dii.etsii.upm.es
Thu May 10 11:46:00 GMT 2001

I 've got compile ALL *base* packages of GNOME standard distribution
with cygwin 1.3.1 with a minor changes.

But I couldn't compile *core* packages.

I think GNOME boys may do a preliminary port (not perfect) with very few
work.

Cygwin is very mature now (pthreads is almost complete).

It would be a big step to support Linux adoption without sacrifice many
years of  Windows inversion.

Other big step: port Java JDK to cygwin (we could work remotely with X
served with Windows machines). It´s necessary support the CGJ proyect
and port to cygwin then.

  José María Arranz Santamaría
  Laboratorio de Informática
  ETSI Industriales - U. Politécnica de Madrid
  c/José Gutierrez Abascal, 2
  CP 28006 Madrid, SPAIN
  e-mail: jmarranz@dii.etsii.upm.es
  Tlf: +34 91 336 30 72  Fax: +34 91 561 66 23
  http://www.dii.etsii.upm.es