Icons of Solaris Screen scrumbled [when using XWin with XDMCP]

Karl Philipp karl.philipp@danet.de
Thu May 17 03:34:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm using XWin via XDMCP for accessing a Solaris 2.7 server:

 XWin -screen 0 1024x768x16 -query <SERVER_IP> -from <CLIENT_IP>

My local client OS is WinNT.

The problem is that certain icons and backdrops (of the bar, e.g.)
are scrumbled.

See the attached part of a screenshot for more detailed information
about that problem.

But I've seen a screenshot of another contribution in that mailinglist
that it should really work well:

 http://xfree86.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q2/msg00710.html

I've tested different depths: 8, 16 and 24. It doesn't work properly.

How can I solve my problem?

greetings

 Karl

---