no /etc/X11 in 4.0.3

Doug Reiland dreiland@hotmail.com
Fri May 18 12:59:00 GMT 2001

Well, I believed I followed the install guide. In fact, there was not really
much to do. unzip, and tar, right???

I can't get this to work, either. Seems like there are a lot of us that
can't get this to work. Looking at the archives, it appears that only one
person that has seen this problem has been able to move past it. That was
something about a sock proxy. I am not sure what that is.

I have seen the listing/suggestions about netstat/telnet, etc..., but again
no resolution or outcomes.

If anybody has gotten past this problem, please post your findings/solution
to this email list.

If anybody knows how to help, I believe a lot of folks (me included) would
like to hear from you.

Also, I am attempting to build this thing to debug this issue. If anybody
has the steps needed to build via gcc, I would love to get those as well. I
thought I saw somewhere the supported compilers, and the gcc from cygwin was
not listed. If I have to use the (xwing/ming??)version, that's fine. I would
still like to have the steps needed to build (gcc, win98, x86).

Thanks,
Doug