Observations on XFree86/Cygwin

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte@yahoo.com
Wed May 23 07:30:00 GMT 2001

All,

Well after spending about 2 months trying to get
XFree86/cygwin up and running all I can say is thanks
to everyone who had comments and such. Turns out that
for my "Cannot Open Display: 127.0.0.1:0.0" problem is
was a conflict with a program called Aventail Connect
(VPN software) this conflict would occur even when the
software had never been run and was just installed on
the computer. Removing it solved the problem, I'm just
glad my employer is getting rid of it.

As a side note XFree seems to work ok with Win2K SP2
for those of you running Win2K. Have not tested
extensively, but it does what I need at the moment.

Thanks everyone,

Kevin

=====