Observations on XFree86/Cygwin

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Wed May 23 12:41:00 GMT 2001

Kevin,

> Turns out that
> for my "Cannot Open Display: 127.0.0.1:0.0" problem is
> was a conflict with a program called Aventail Connect
> (VPN software)

On a Windows NT or Windows 2000 machine with Aventail Connect installed,
could you do this one thing and report back the results please?

tracert 127.0.0.1

Thanks,

Harold

P.S. The point of this is to see if 127.0.0.1 is being redirected to another
machine.  Windows 95/98/Me don't come with a traceroute utility, but if you
find one you could test on a Windows 95/98/Me machine as well :)