cygxfree doco 1.0h

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue May 29 06:30:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>

> [Billinghurst, David (CRTS)]

Thank you for testing and providing excellent feedback.

> I had a working openjade-1.3 installation.
>
> libxml2-2.3.9 built with your patch, when configured with
> --without-iconv.  There were a few html test failures that I haven't
> investigated.

Excellent. I'd be interested in knowning the html test failures..

> libxslt-0.10.0 also built with your patch.  No obvious problems.

That patch was bad (with output to std out and method html you'll get
two doctypes. [as mentioned in my email] - I've updated it to be
hopefully correct and emailed it to the gnome-xslt list. If you want the
patch its' only 20k - let me know).

> cygxfree docs configured OK.
>
> make in cg failed.  Needed to install Docbook 4.1.2 where openjade
> could find it ( /usr/local/share/sgml/ ) and update catalog.  Then
worked OK
> and html docs looked goog

This is expected - Other than by duplicating the catalog handling code
fro openjade, there's little way to be sure that a user has the docbook
dtd's installed. Fortunately they are fairly small for the xml ones, and
I'm including them in the archive now. (yeah 500k is annoying, but
there's only one xsl processor that understands catalogs and it's a java
extension - see my last email about choice of processors :/ ).

> make in ug ditto.
>
> make in faq.  Needed to change path to docbookx.dtd at top of
> cygwin-xfree-faq.xml.  Built with a few error messages (below), but
still
> generated reasonable looking html.  Be nice if xsltproc used the same
> catalogs as openjade.

The path change is already done :].

> xsltproc --warnnet --param html.stylesheet "'../xfree86.css'"
> --param base.dir "'`
> pwd`/'" --param use.id.as.filename "1"
> /usr/local/src/cygxfree-doc-1.0h/faq/../s
> tylesheets/website.xsl
> /usr/local/src/cygxfree-doc-1.0h/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.xml
>
> Writing /usr/local/obj/cygxfree-doc-1.0h/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html
> for article
this line is normal :]

> Error: no ID for constraint linkend: q-mailing-list.
> XRef to nonexistent id: q-mailing-list

I've yet to track these down. It may be a libxslt bug, in which case it
shouldn't be too hard to get it fixed.

> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
> " http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd" ;>

This is IMO a libxslt bug, but it doesn't affect us. (NULL document not
detected correctly).

Rob