cygwin faq ready for presentation review.

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue May 29 15:10:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Markebo" <flognat@flognat.myip.org>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:52 AM
Subject: Re: cygwin faq ready for presentation review.

> To be honest.. I dislike having the index (Cygwin home, Cygwin/xfree86
> home, development.. ) to the left (right too) of a long text.. it
> steals margin - if you scroll down a bit you have a white left
> margin..

I'm aiming for the same look and feel as the rest of the XFree86/cygwin
site. That is: if we move it here, we should move it on the other site
pages as well. Currently it derives nicely off the Cygwin home page too,
which is good. I'm open to discussion on this though :]

> Alternative might be putting it as a line at the top of the page??
>
> Is it possible to number and highlight the questions like
> 7.1 Q _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
>
> instead of:
> [plain text]_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to
> root

Uhmm, yes. Thats one of my "mostly" caveats.

> The contents in the beginning.. feels a little big.. maybe survivable
> but..? :-) alternative having the toplevel groups there, and then the
> subgroups local at each 'topic'??

So a summary toc, and then a per top level question toc ? That should be
doable... I don't have an opinion on that one way or another just yet.
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

> Maybe not.. they are probably easily browsed through..
>
> Is it possible to move Licenses Patents and so on down a bit?? I
> mean.. if you have a problem you throw this page an eye and only see
> ". General Information " and "Licenses, Patents, Trademarks, and
> Copyrights " and then think.. naah no interesting here..

Your into content here :]

Thanks for the feedback,
Rob

http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/xfree86/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html