Copyright

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Thu May 31 05:22:00 GMT 2001

Because more contributors are joining this project therefore some points
needs to be mentioned about Copyright issues.

When I started this project (Cygwin/Xfree86) two years ago, I assigned my
Copyright to Cygwin Solutions, which is now Red Hat.  It means contributors
to this project will retain AUTORSHIP, but Copyright will be owned by Red
Hat, just like Cygwin.  The Source code changes to Xfree86 source tree were
transferred to Xfree86 Inc. under their license agreement.  However, other
material posted or contributed to this project, such as Url, HTML pages,
User Guides and FAQ etc etc, authors retain Authorship, not the Copyright.

Per my Assignment to Red Hat when I started the project, it had been brought
to my attention, that "All the documents contributions must be under GFDL
and add a Copyright Red Hat to the docs".

If any one of you wants to discuss this issue, please e-mail me privately.

Thanks
Suhaib