Copyright [cgf, please comment]

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Thu May 31 14:08:00 GMT 2001

> > Because I do not want to sit here and answer questions
> which users asked
> > over
> > last two years and I put them in FAQ.  If everything is
> included, then YES
> > I will gladly post your FAQ and your contributions will be
> appreciated
> > and acknowledged.
>
> Am I talking to a fricking brick wall?  I told you, oh, about
> fifteen times
> now, that I NEVER SAID THAT MY DRAFT FAQ WAS READY TO BE
> POSTED ON THE WEB
> SITE.  GOT IT?

I made a request.  Can you send me a diff file current FAQ against yours.
I believe Rob requested it from your privately?  If you can and
agree to what I wrote in a previous mail.  There is nothing more to discuss
you FAQ will go online as soon as Rob fixes XML bugs etc.
A draft cannot keep floating around.  It needs to be completed right?
Do you agree the missing points from current FAQ should be added to your
draft?

> I've also explained to you several times that I do not want,
> nor did I ever
> suggest, that my draft FAQ be posted on the web site in it's
> current form.
>
> Please, read my emails before responding.

Harold I know you said several times.  What is the purpose of a draft?  It
should
be completed, right?  You took the task of creating draft?  Can you create a
diff
file against current FAQ and change Copyright 2000 to Authorship 2000 Harold
Hunt
in your dcuments?  It is a fair solution.  Rob will complete the FAQ once he
get
a diff file and post it to Cygwin/XFree86.  Your comptributions are not
being argued
and I presonally do not want your contributions to be neglected.  What I am
saying
we need to follow some Guidelines.  The project already existed when you
join it that
means someone (fortunately or unfortunately  that was me) negotiated the
terms with
Cygnus Solutions to get access to Sourceware server.  Anyone after me who
joined, for example
Peter and Kara, never raised questions about it.  I told them they retain
authorship
but please do not use sentences like Copyright.  They did not have any
arguments
against it.  I hope you understand that for an open source project
authorship is more
important then Copyright.  Copyright is more important if you were a
commercial contributor
and would have liked to use contributions for a possible future commercial
use.

Suhaib