elvis & vim, was Re: Does anyone have a man command??

Chuck Bogorad chuck@hysteria.spb.ru
Tue Apr 1 01:32:00 GMT 1997

ap096@po.cwru.edu wrote in a message to Chuck:

 ap> I tried to build a native GNU-WIN32 version of the VI clone VIM. It
 ap> compiled but exhibited the same behavior -that is the program
 ap> started, displayed 'Empty Buffer' and completely locked up.  I
 ap> haven't gotten any further on this yet.

i've found one problem: for some reason it tries to read more that 1 char after
setting the terminal to 1-at-a-time. the place is in the file src/unix.c, line
number 2337(?). it reads:

(size_t)(INBUFLEN - inbufcount));

it should read

sizeof(char));

however, that does not solve the problem completely :(

-