Parallel Port Programming

Richard J. Auletta rauletta@erebor.cudenver.edu
Fri Apr 4 16:05:00 GMT 1997

I am looking for some documentation or example code
describing the calls needed to access the parallel port on a Windows
NT 3.51 box using the Cygnus port of GCC. Nothing fancy,
Win32 API's would be great. (The necessary gcc compile options would
be a help :)

I just want to be able to write and read data from the parallel port.
(I don't think I need any low level information - just push a byte
and read a byte)

This sees to be an FAQ but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

This is for a class I am teaching on FPGA's and VHDL synthesis.

TIA,

-Rich Auletta
 rauletta@erebor.cudenver.edu
 http://erebor.cudenver.edu