Buglist

Stephan Mueller smueller@MICROSOFT.com
Mon Apr 7 12:09:00 GMT 1997

On NT, what Jim says is correct.  The 'multi-dot' paths being discussed
are probably a special bonus feature (ahem) of the DOS and Windows 95
command.com shells.

In a Windows 95 command.com box, a reference to a directory name
consisting of n dots means the n-1st parent directory.  Thus
	cd ...
is equivalent to
	cd ..\..

It is interesting that this notation works with non-command.com exes as
well, so it may be that the Win95 implementation of Win32 generally
supports this.

stephan();

-