Pre-compiled X11R6.3 libraries available
Deep Summer - Home of Web Site Designs Extraordinare
frank@deepsummer.com
Wed Apr 16 02:48:00 GMT 1997
FWIW: I played a bit with this (simple kid stuff), and was
terribly impressed with the speed. I was expecting quite
a drag but found nothing of the sort.
Someone else was mentioning Win xterm - is this possible?
Anyone done it/doing it?
-frank
----------
From: Arlindo da Silva[SMTP:dasilva@woodmore.gsfc.nasa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 11:50 AM
To: Christian Soeller
Cc: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: Pre-compiled X11R6.3 libraries available
> Finally, will X11 work on a laptop without a network connection ? Is the
> speed reasonable ?
Yep, this is precisely what I do. Performance is quite good, even for
animation (of geophysical flows, that is). The only glitch I know of is
the occasional delayed handling of X events.
Arlindo.
--
*-----------------------------------------------------------------*
| |
| ^|^ ARLINDO DA SILVA |
| | 212 Lexington Drive |
| _|_ Silver Spring, MD 20901 |
| @ ___|___|__ |
| _|_|__________|_______/ mailto://dasilva@alum.mit.edu |
| \ o o o o o o o / |
| \_______________/ Home: (301) 754-1121 |
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FAX: (301) 805-7959 |
| |
*-----------------------------------------------------------------*
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list