make recursion not exporting

John D. Robertson john@rrci.com
Thu Apr 17 06:46:00 GMT 1997

I had the exact same problem, and this is how I fixed it...
Change to this:

tester/Makefile:
#export
#THINGIE="test thingie"

all:
#        echo $(THINGIE)
        $(MAKE) THINGIE="test thingie" -C sub

tester/sub/Makefile:
export
all:
        echo $(THINGIE)
        $(MAKE) THINGIE="test thingie" -C sub

tester/sub/sub/Makefile:
export
all:
        echo $(THINGIE)
        $(MAKE) THINGIE="test thingie" -C sub

tester/sub/sub/sub/Makefile:
export
all:
        echo $(THINGIE)

|======================================================|
| John D. Robertson, ADAMS Modeler / Software Engineer |
| Robertson & Robertson Consultants, Inc.              |
| 3637 West Georgia Rd.                                |
| Pelzer, SC  29669                                    |
| Phone: (864) 243-2436                                |
|   Fax: (864) 243-3023                                |
| Email: john@rrci.com                                 |

-