Catching g++ error output

Antti Harju trout@sci.fi
Fri Apr 18 09:50:00 GMT 1997

At 01:11 18.4.1997 -0600, you wrote:
>Is there any way to capture the error output from g++ when it fails on a
>compile?  Sometimes, a few simple typos or minor bugs can generate more

In 4DOS (not in command.com):

command >& filename    To redirect standard output and standard error to a
                       file or device
command >&> filename   To redirect standard error only to a file or device

You can get a handy scrollable/searchable list with

gcc <params> |& list/s

	-trout

--
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful
 about what we pretend to be."

-