problem linking class String

Carl Nicol cnicol@stk.com
Fri Apr 25 12:51:00 GMT 1997

I'm trying to build a program with class String from
"String.h",
and although the compiler finds the include file, it does not seem to be
able to link in the class members, giving the following messages:

C:\PROJECTS\why>g++ -o test test.cc
C:\TEMP/cc0010011.o(.text+0x1d6):test.cc: undefined reference to
`String::String(char const *)'
C:\TEMP/cc0010011.o(.text+0x1e9):test.cc: undefined reference to
`String::operator char const *(void
) const'
C:\TEMP/cc0010011.o(.text+0x214):test.cc: undefined reference to
`String::~String(void)'

g++ reports version:

g++ --version
cygnus-2.7.2-961023

do I need to set another environmental string, or link in a specific
library?

Thanks... Carl Nicol
-