byacc and bison ???

David Essex dessex@widow.aracnet.net
Mon Apr 28 14:41:00 GMT 1997

Xuemei Bao wrote:

>I have some problems using byacc. It just doesn't work!!
I have been using flex and byacc on windows95. I even got byacc and flex
source(s) to compile, using gnu-win32 with no problems.

>Can anyone gives me some helps? or where can I get bison?
The only problem I have run into is trying to compile some projects which
use flex and byacc. In one case make complained about something in
malloc.h, then went into a infinite loop. I suspect this has something to
do with the case sensitivity (i.e.: string.h vs String.h) problem in win95.
Besides this, it does work, both on the gnu-win32 and Linux 2.0.18
platforms with consistent results.
In your flex script, are you compensating for the extra <CR> at the end of
the line ?

Hope this helps.

David

-