termcap issues...

Jerome Gay gay@aspentec.com
Thu Aug 7 00:33:00 GMT 1997


From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc) <lhall@rfk.com>
>At 03:41 PM 8/6/97 +0200, you wrote:
>>
>>I'm using b18 with latest coolview (01-Aug) under NT4SP3...
>>I got some strange problems with termcap...
>>I've exported TERM=linux
>>If  I export also TERMCAP=/etc/termcap (containing the linux entry), less
>>(3.32) behave strangely, it starts paging from the top of the sreen,
>>overwriting previous information...
>>Maybe that's because I use bash inside an NT Command Prompt with
scroll-bar
>>(I set a buffer size of 1000 lines in the shortcut properties).
>>BUT, if I set TERMCAP=/etc/termcap/linux, less behaves _normally_, but
with
>>a 'Warning: terminal not fully functional'
>>
>>I'm using termcap 1.3 (compiled with -D_STRICT_ANSI to avoid error
regarding
>>bcopy and stuff...)
>>
>>Has anyone similar experience ?
>>Any ideas ?
>>
>>Jerome "ZoSo"
>>
>
>Are you using a gnuwin32 version of less or a Windows one?
>I have some troubles with either....

I've built less-332 with gnuwin32-b18.... These problems only occur in
windows w/ toolbars.....

Jerome "ZoSo"


-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".



More information about the Cygwin mailing list