New patch available

Micheal A. Benzinger mbenz@sabre.com
Thu Aug 7 18:21:00 GMT 1997

Jerome,

I, too, had problems getting telnetd using NT4SP3 as you.  To
rectify these problems I took two steps:

1) I had to add user rights as specified at the bottom of
   Sergey's home page to the user that was used to start
   up the inetd service.

2) I had to ensure that I had a valid /etc/passwd and /etc/group
   and, in my case, they had to be UNIX type files with only
   linefeeds and not DOS type files with lines feeds and carriage
   returns.

After I made these two changes I was able to log in from any of
our UNIX hosts as well as other NT work stations.

I hope this helps,

Mike Benzinger

P.S.  I was able to get VIM 5.0l to compile and run after
applying the patches made by Chris Faylor in version 5.0h
and the modification to vim.h that I found.  After this
VIM seems to be rolling along fairly nicely except for the
fact that at work I am experiencing some problems with
"dd" and "j" not updating the screen when deleting a line
or scrolling at the bottom of the screen.

-