Problems with as and MSVC link

Jon Thackray jont@harlequin.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 09:00:00 GMT 1997

I have recently had reason to attempt to link files generated by as
using MSVC link. For some reason, link tries to seek 4 bytes beyond
the end of the file in every case. I have got around this by hand
editing the object files to include four bytes of nulls, after which
link seems quite happy. ld is happy with both the original files and
the modified ones. Does anyone know why link wants the extra bytes?
Should as be modified to provide them anyway?
-