Ctrl-Z

root root@jacob.remcomp.fr
Fri Aug 8 11:52:00 GMT 1997

> Your filesystems are mounted in text mode by default by the initial
> gnuwin32 installation.  That causes all files written by cat to have LF
> changed to CRLF and stop short at the MSDOS EOF mark (Ctrl-Z).

This is CRAZY. We have discussed this a thousand times in this list,
in a span of several years:

Ctrl-Z IS NOT USED FOR MARKING THE END OF FILE SINCE MS-DOS 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does gnu-win32 want to be compatible with DOS 1.0?

The real problem behind this, and that is why it makes me mad, is that nobody
at Cygnus is reading this bug reports, so the same unfixed bugs remain forever
and people fall into them over and over again.

NOBODY uses Ctrl-Z to end a text file since AGES, at least 10 years or so.
WAKE-UP GUYS!!!

--
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44