Anybody tried compiling xfig 3.2?

Anees A. Shaikh ashaikh@eecs.umich.edu
Fri Aug 22 11:12:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

I'm trying to get xfig running on my Win95 box under b18.  Using
precompiled X11 libs from Arlindo and cygwin.dll from Sergey (not the
latest) I was able to compile with the following mods:

-   replace calls to random/srandom with rand/srand
-   force it to use dirent.h structs rather than dir.h -- there is no
dir.h

I still got warnings because xfig unfortunately uses a macro called
O_TEXT that is also in sys/fcntl.h (if I remember correctly) but I
didn't think this would cause a problem.

I also compiled libjpeg and libXpm pretty much out of the box
(necessary for xfig).  I did get some "incompatible pointer type"
warnings for bcopy calls though that I ignored.

My assumption that getting it to compile would result in a working
binary didn't hold.  It seems to start up okay but then immediately
crashes with an exception.

I haven't really given enough detail for someone to help debug what
I've done but I'm hoping someone has been successful in getting a
working xfig and can tell me what I've overlooked perhaps.

Thanks very much.

Anees
ashaikh@eecs.umich.edu

-