Too Much Mail Volume

Chris Faylor cgf@bbc.com
Tue Dec 2 07:41:00 GMT 1997

In article < 6j3hsQAppfB@mike.franken.de >,
Michael Hirmke <mh@mike.franken.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>>I second the idea of moving this mailing list to a newsgroup.
>
>No. This isn't a high traffic mailing list compared to a lot of other
>lists I am on.

I vote emphatically against moving this to a newsgroup.  I don't think that
the traffic justifies it.  Also, we'll all be subject to much more spam
both from the newsgroup spammers and from the spammers who harvest mail
addresses from newsgroup headers.

If cygwin or some well-connected site wanted to set up a private NNTP
server to host a private newsgroup, however, I think that would be a
great idea.

--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."