bash problem. (Am I missing something?)

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:38:00 GMT 1997

I suspect that you haven't changed your mounts to text=binary.  To do
this:

bash% cd /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
bash% ./umount /
bash% mount -b c:\\ /

You need to umount and mount -b all directories in mount.  After you
have done this then you need to remove all \r (^M) from your script
files especially the bash startup files.  To do this carefully use the
following (don't do this on a true binary file):

bash% cp ./scriptfile /tmp/scriptfile
bash% tr -d "\r" < /tmp/scriptfile > ./scriptfile

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

PS: for further information check the mail archives at
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32